Here in Columbus, Ohio, we take pride in our homes. From keeping up with the exterior with regular paint retouching and thoughtful landscaping, to the design of our favorite rooms and spaces we create daily memories in.
But what about the foundation surrounding us that offers privacy, brings us together outdoors, keeps us safe and allows us to enjoy the homes we’ve worked so hard on?
Our fencing says as much about our homes as the home itself and the decks we relax and entertain on are as important to keep up with as removing stains on our carpet.
When making the decision to give your fence or deck the attention it deserves but maybe hasn’t yet received, we are here to help.
Do I Paint or Do I Stain?
Painting has a few benefits over staining that you’ll want to keep in mind:
1. Paint has a thicker finish than stain. It can fill little gaps in your deck, so it’s a great choice if your deck already has a little wear and tear.
2. Darker paint can be easier to clean than light-colored paint or stain. If paint is treated correctly, it protects your wood so that dirt washes right off. If you’ve got pets or kids, this may be a big benefit to you.
3. Speaking of protection, paint is better at resisting rot and mold, as well as blocking sun damage.
4. With paint, your color choices are endless. If you’re into adding pops of color to your home or yard, paint might be your best choice.
If you rule out paint, you’ll want to consider either a semi-transparent stain or a clear sealer. There’s a lot to choose from in this category, but a few general benefits apply across the board:
1. Do you love the natural beauty of wood? Stain allows that beauty to shine through. With stain, you keep that lovely variety and texture of wood grain.
2. Generally speaking, stains aren’t as slippery as paint covering. They give you a flat surface that lightly protects the wood without completely covering it up with a polished sheen.
3. When you paint a room, do you ever miss a spot? If you’re not great with a brush, you might want to consider staining. It’s easier to apply and a bit more forgiving than paint.
4. If you prefer stain but also want plenty of color choices, you’re in luck. Stain now comes in a variety of shades. Just be sure to consider the color of the wood itself as you pick your color.
Benefits, other than looking amazing
1. Prevention of Rotting. A high-quality, properly applied stain, such as the pre-staining done by Fresh Touch Custom Painting will help prevent water from getting into your wood fence or deck.
2. Limits UV Damage
3. Prevention of Splitting
4. Enhances Wood Grain
5. Increases Lifespan
Let the Fresh Touch Custom Painting Team help you from initial inquiry to the finishing touch. We’ve got you. Check out our list of services offered and we will look forward to working with you. http://ftcpainting.com/services
We love our homes and want you to love yours.
For additional questions regarding topics covered, call us!
Free Estimates available Monday – Friday
Customer Satisfaction is Our Guarantee!
Fresh Touch Custom Painting & Drywall Finishing Inc.
O: 614.325.9573 Ext.1