Whether you are working from home, preparing for the coming season of holiday décor or just taking a second look around your home – Your interior and exterior paint color is the quickest and most effective way to transform your Columbus, Ohio home, in any season.
Once you make the inspired choice to put a fresh touch on your home, the next, and often most difficult part of the process, is deciding what color and sheen selection you will choose.
What would look good?
What will withstand the seasons?
What sheen looks best and is easy to maintain once applied?
Where do you begin?
Fresh Touch Custom Painting proudly offers our committed customers complimentary color consultation to assist in making the careful selection of color as you look forward to transforming your home sweet home.
The Fresh Touch Custom Painting Team will look forward to an opportunity to working with you to make the experience smooth, accurate and most importantly, fun! We love our Columbus, Ohio homes and so can you.
Here are a few helpful tips to consider as you prepare to meet with our color specialist for your next project:
Don’t Choose Paint First!
We understand that it sometimes seems like you should choose your paint color first because painted walls make up a lot of the décor space in your home, as well as the outside.
First, take a look around. For both interior and exterior, use an inspiration piece already in your home such as color palettes from a multi-colored sofa, a bedspread, a piece of art or even a piece of fabric that you love. When looking at your exterior look at your landscape and how the light shines throughout the day. We can help you draw the best color palette from items like these.
The reason your walls may not look like you envisioned them after painting them, is because all paint colors are made up of other colors and have something called an undertone that is either warm or cool. Fresh Touch Custom Painting and Color Team will help guide you through identifying which is which.
- A warm paint color will have a base color (undertone) of a warm color, such as yellow or red.
- A cool paint color will have a base color (undertone) of a cool color, like blue,
green or grey.
Want to know a secret? The sheen is as important as the color.
Something as imperative of the paint color you choose that affects how your paint color will look is the Sheen. In general, the higher the sheen the easier it is to keep clean. Unfortunately, the higher the sheen, the more it will show imperfections in a space. If you’re trying to hide any flaws in your walls, you will want to go with a lower sheen.
- Gloss will be highly wipeable and easiest to clean but is typically seen as too shiny for common area walls. Gloss is good for baseboards and trim.
- Semi-gloss will be almost as easily cleaned, with significantly less shine, although it’s not good on walls in large spaces. Semi-gloss is great for trim, cabinets, and high moisture areas, such as bathrooms.
- We would suggest a satin finish for use on walls higher traffic areas like hallways and kids rooms. Satin finish paint is also good for bathrooms, because it is easy to maintain with a simple wipe down.
- Eggshell will be a little more durable than flat or matte paint, so choose it for spaces that see some traffic and might get a little more use, like living rooms or dining rooms.
- Flat or matte is best in rooms in which the walls won’t have as much traffic, such as master bedrooms, guest room or office space.
We are pleased to offer our clients the services of our color specialist, who will help guide you with both interior and exterior project color needs as you make plans to transform your home.
Let the Fresh Touch Custom Painting Team help you from initial inquiry to the finishing touch. We’ve got you. Check out our list of services offered and we will look forward to working with you. http://ftcpainting.com/services
We love our homes and want you to love yours.
For additional questions regarding topics covered, call us!
Free Estimates available Monday – Friday
Customer Satisfaction is Our Guarantee!
Fresh Touch Custom Painting & Drywall Finishing Inc.
O: 614.325.9573 Ext.1